Each summer, we recruit volunteers for our Summer Fun! art camp programs. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience working with children in a fun and energetic setting!
About Summer Fun!
Our Summer Fun! program runs for six weeks from July 4 – August 12, 2022, and offers a variety of visual and performing arts camps. Place des Arts is seeking responsible, caring, and committed volunteers with an interest in working with children, ages 5-12 years.
Shifts are daily (Monday-Friday) in-person at Place des Arts and you can choose between:
- Morning shift: 9:20am-12:50pm, 3.5 hours
- Afternoon shift: 11:45am-3:15pm, 3.5 hours
- Full-day shift: 9:20am-3:15pm, 6 hours
For our Summer Fun! volunteers, we require:
- a minimum commitment of two weeks over the course of the summer (Monday-Friday) and
- Attendance at a mandatory orientation session on Tuesday, June 28 from 4:30-6:30 pm at Place des Arts.
Summer Fun! Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
Summer Fun volunteers work closely with staff and teachers to ensure the overall safety and participation of students in the camp.
Specific duties include:
- welcoming students each day;
- assisting the teacher with classroom set up, clean up and disinfecting;
- escorting students to and from the classroom;
- Reinforcing Place des Arts “FISH” behaviour policy: Follow instructions, Include everyone, Show respect and Help each other.
- working one-on-one with students who need extra support;
- supervising students in the classroom, and during break times and transitions.
- Excellent opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career related to education or childcare to gain experience and skills;
- Opportunity to earn work experience or volunteer hours;
- Reference letters or confirmation/record of hours worked;
- Receive a Place des Arts volunteer t-shirt
- Be eligible for our Volunteer of the Month recognition program
- Must have experience working with children 5-12 years old, (for example babysitting, daycare, volunteering with elementary schools, day camps and other children’s programs);
- Be patient, caring, friendly, dependable, committed, responsible and adaptable.
- Ability to relate to children;
- Effective verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to work in a team environment and follow instructions well;
- Applicants must be over the age of 13; volunteers over the age of 18 are required to complete a criminal record check;
Studying in a field related to childcare and education is an asset. For example, Special Education Assistant (SEA) or Teacher Assistant, Early Childhood Education (ECE), Education or Professional Development Program (PDP), etc.
How to Apply
Please complete our volunteer application form.