Each summer, we recruit summer camp volunteers for our Summer Fun! art camp programs. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience working with children in a fun and energetic setting!
About Summer Fun!
Our Summer Fun! program runs for six weeks from July 5 – August 13, 2021 and offers a variety of visual arts and performing arts classes. This year, we are seeking volunteers for our Hybrid Camps for students ages 5-7 and 8-12 years. Our Hybrid Camps have students learning in-person at Place des Arts and students learning online from home via Zoom.
Shifts are daily (Monday-Friday) from 10:00am-2:30pm. For our Summer Fun! Hybrid Camps, we require a minimum commitment of two weeks (Monday-Friday). Volunteers have the option of volunteering for online or in-person camps, and both types of programming take place at Place des Arts. A mandatory orientation session takes place before the start of camp for each type of program.
Summer Fun! Hybrid Camp Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
Hybrid camp volunteers work closely with staff and teachers to ensure the overall safety and participation of students in the camp.
Specific duties for online camp volunteers include:
- welcoming students each day;
- assisting the teacher with getting connected and set-up to teach via Zoom;
- troubleshoot technical issues;
- engaging online students and leading activities during transition times.
Specific duties for in-person camp volunteers may include:
- assisting the teacher with classroom set up, clean up and disinfecting;
- escorting students to and from the classroom;
- working individually with students who need extra support.
- Excellent opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career related to education or childcare to gain experience and skills;
- Opportunity to earn work experience or volunteer hours;
- Reference letters or confirmation/record of hours worked;
- A volunteer t-shirt;
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events;
- Must have experience working with children 5-12 years old, (for example babysitting, daycare, volunteering with elementary schools, day camps and other children’s programs);
- Patient, caring, friendly, dependable, committed, responsible and adaptable.
- Ability to relate to children;
- Effective verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to work in a team environment and follow instructions well;
- Suitable for volunteers who are 16 years old and older;
- Studying in a field related to childcare and education an asset. For example, Special Education Assistant (SEA) or Teacher Assistant, Early Childhood Education (ECE), Education or PDP, etc.
How to Apply