Each summer, we recruit summer camp volunteers for our Summer Fun! art camp programs. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience working with children in a fun and energetic setting!
About Summer Fun!
Our Summer Fun! program runs for six weeks from July 5 – August 13, 2021 and offers a variety of visual arts and performing arts classes. This year, we are seeking volunteers for our Hybrid Camps for students ages 5-7 and 8-12 years. Our Hybrid Camps have students learning in-person at Place des Arts and students learning online from home via Zoom.
Shifts are daily (Monday-Friday) from 10:00am-2:30pm. For our Summer Fun! Hybrid Camps, we require a minimum commitment of two weeks (Monday-Friday). Volunteers have the option of volunteering for online or in-person camps, and both types of programming take place at Place des Arts. A mandatory orientation session takes place before the start of camp for each type of program.
Summer Fun! Hybrid Camp Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
Hybrid camp volunteers work closely with staff and teachers to ensure the overall safety and participation of students in the camp.
Specific duties for online camp volunteers include:
- welcoming students each day;
- assisting the teacher with getting connected and set-up to teach via Zoom;
- troubleshoot technical issues;
- engaging online students and leading activities during transition times.
Specific duties for in-person camp volunteers may include:
- assisting the teacher with classroom set up, clean up and disinfecting;
- escorting students to and from the classroom;
- working individually with students who need extra support.
- Excellent opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career related to education or childcare to gain experience and skills;
- Opportunity to earn work experience or volunteer hours;
- Reference letters or confirmation/record of hours worked;
- A volunteer t-shirt;
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events;
- Must have experience working with children 5-12 years old, (for example babysitting, daycare, volunteering with elementary schools, day camps and other children’s programs);
- Patient, caring, friendly, dependable, committed, responsible and adaptable.
- Ability to relate to children;
- Effective verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to work in a team environment and follow instructions well;
- Applicants must be over the age of 13; volunteers over the age of 18 are required to complete a criminal record check;
- Studying in a field related to childcare and education an asset. For example, Special Education Assistant (SEA) or Teacher Assistant, Early Childhood Education (ECE), Education or PDP, etc.
How to Apply
We have selected all the Summer volunteers for the season! Thank you for applying.