Place des Arts offers bursaries on an ongoing basis to students who wish to take classes or lessons at Place des Arts but may not be able to afford the full fees. To apply for a bursary, please carefully read the following bursary guidelines and fill out the bursary application form below.
Place des Arts Bursary Guidelines
- Children ages 17 and under are eligible to apply for a bursary;
- Applications must be initiated by the parent or guardian of the child. Fill out one application form per child;
- Bursaries are available for all non-subsidized programs at Place des Arts;
- Bursary applications must be received at least 6 weeks prior to the start-date of the program;
- A letter of recommendation must be submitted along with the bursary application form (see below);
- Incomplete bursary application forms will be returned;
- Bursary application forms will be reviewed by the Executive Director and selected staff;
- Bursaries equal to 30% of the course fee up to a maximum of $300.00 will be granted.
Letter of Recommendation
A letter of recommendation must be submitted with the bursary application from an objective third party who can verify the applicant’s financial need. A recommendation will be accepted from one of the following:
- School Principal/ School Counsellor/ School Teacher
- Accountant/ Notary/ Lawyer/ Police Officer
- Priest or Pastor
- Registered Family Doctor
- A professional in Social Work or Family Services
The recommendation letter must be written on official letterhead and include:
- The recommender’s job title and contact details
- The nature and duration of the recommender’s relationship with the applicant or the applicant’s family
- A summary of the applicant’s financial need
Bursary Applicant Notification
All applicants will be notified of the status of their application within two weeks of the submission date.
Bursary Award Distribution
Awarded bursary amounts will be placed as a credit on the applicant’s Place des Arts account.
To apply for a bursary, please fill out the form below.