Each summer, we recruit many summer camp volunteers for our Summer Fun! and ArtReach programs. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience working with children in a fun and energetic art camp setting.
If you're interested in volunteering over the summer in 2018, please check back in spring 2018 for the summer volunteer application form.
About Summer Fun! and ArtReach
Our Summer Fun! program runs for six weeks in July and August and offers a variety of music, dance, drama and visual arts classes for students ages 5 to 14. Our ArtReach program runs for one week in August. It is a free camp for children in Coquitlam who face barriers to arts education.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will be working closely with staff and teachers to ensure the overall safety and participation of students in the camp.
Specific duties may include:
welcoming students each day;
- ensuring students sign-in and sign-out each day;
escorting students to and from their classes;
assisting students in their classes;
working individually with students who need extra support;
supervising students during breaks and after hours care;
- helping prepare students for Friday Fun Day;
- helping prepare name tags and signage.
ArtReach volunteers also assist with the following duties:
- preparing and serving meals and snacks to students.
The Application Process
- Download an application form and then complete all required fields.
- Email completed forms to volunteer [at] placedesarts.ca, drop it off in person or fax it to 604.664.1658.
- Attend an interview. We will contact you to arrange an interview after we receive your application.
- Complete reference and, if necessary, criminal record checks. (Applicants over 18 years old will need to complete a criminal record check.)
- Attend a mandatory orientation and training session.
For more information
Call 604.664.1636 ext 36
Email: volunteer [at] placedesarts.ca