Each summer, we recruit many summer camp volunteers for our Summer Fun! and ArtReach programs. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience working with children in a fun and energetic art camp setting.
About Summer Fun! and ArtReach
Our Summer Fun! program runs for six weeks in July and August and offers a variety of music, dance, drama and visual arts classes for students ages 5 to 14. Our ArtReach program runs for one week in August. It is a free camp for children in Coquitlam who face barriers to arts education.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will be working closely with staff and teachers to ensure the overall safety and participation of students in the camp.
Specific duties may include:
welcoming students each day;
- ensuring students sign-in and sign-out each day;
escorting students to and from their classes;
assisting students in their classes;
working individually with students who need extra support;
supervising students during breaks and after hours care;
- helping prepare students for Friday Fun Day;
- helping prepare name tags and signage.
ArtReach volunteers also assist with the following duties:
- preparing and serving meals and snacks to students.
The Application Process
Deadline to apply: Friday, June 1, 2018
For more information
- Download an application form and then complete all required fields.
Please download the form and save it onto your computer. You will need to use a PDF program to open the file to enter text. If you type text into the PDF form in your browser and try to save the form, the text will clear.
- Email completed forms to volunteer [at] placedesarts.ca, drop it off in person or fax it to 604.664.1658.
- Attend an interview. We will contact you to arrange an interview after we receive your application.
- Complete reference and, if necessary, criminal record checks. (Applicants over 18 years old will need to complete a criminal record check.)
- Attend a mandatory orientation and training session, as noted on the application form.
Call 604.664.1636 ext 36
Email: volunteer [at] placedesarts.ca